Terms and Conditions
1. By completing an entry in the Gladstone Ports Corporation’s Botanic to Bridge run/walk, you are accepting the terms and conditions of the event as detailed below.
2. Entries in the Gladstone Ports Corporation’s Botanic to Bridge run/walk are to be completed online at www.botanictobridge.com.au. Entries will close at 10:00am on Thursday, 16 August 2018.
3. Gladstone Ports Corporation reserve the right to close off online registration at their discretion should the event reach capacity entrant numbers.
4. For an entry to be valid, all entrants must complete the online entry form and pay the required entry fee prior to the commencement of the event. All entrants must wear the official race bib at all times during the event. Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
5. All registered race participants (excluding registrations in the category of ‘Children 4yrs and under’) are eligible to receive a complimentary race merchandise item. Participants acknowledge that race merchandise items are limited and may sell out.
6. Entrants are permitted to enter both the 8km and 3km events. If the situation occurs that an entrant is placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in both events, the entrant is only eligible to win the placing and appropriate prize money of the 8km event.
7. Entrants must remain on the designated course as marked by race officials.
8. Both the 8km and 3km events will be timed at the start and finish line by an electronic chip timing system.
9. Line honours will determine the winners of each individual category. Individual category winners of the 8km and 3km event will be the first male and female across the line. Second and third prizes will also be awarded. Net time will not determine winners but will be available to entrants (approximately 24 hours post event).
10. Teams can register for either the 8km or 3km event. Entrants can enter a team with a minimum of 4 participants in the 8km or 3km event. One team cannot enter some members in the 8km event and some members in the 3km event. A team must compete in the same event distance and category. Team members are also eligible to win their relevant individual category. The winning team will be determined by the total of the fastest three competitors’ times.
11. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release Gladstone Ports Corporation Limited (GPC) and all other event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify GPC and all other event organisers, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
12. All entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury including but not limited to: over exertion, dehydration and accidents with other participants, spectators or road users.
13. All entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation. If an entrant becomes aware of any such condition or impairment or they are injured or sick prior to the event, they have the opportunity to withdraw. All entrants will provide the GPC or other event organisers details of any medical or other condition that may be relevant should medical treatment be required or may affect their participation in the event.
14. Each entrant agrees to abide by any advice given by the event medical officers regarding their health and consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment, including transport by ambulance, required before, during or after the event.
15. Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw or should the event be cancelled or changed due to reasons beyond the control of the GPC or event organisers such as safety reasons or poor weather conditions, the entry fee is non-refundable.
16. Entrants consent to the use of their name, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing (inc. registration database) in relation to this event by Gladstone Ports Corporation and the event organisers.
17. All entrants must walk or run unassisted. Bikes, skateboards, rip sticks, rollerblades or similar items are prohibited for safety reasons. Children in strollers/prams are permitted but must commence at the rear of the race start. Strollers and similar devices must meet Australian Safety Standards and have appropriate safety restraints.
18. No pets are allowed on the course. Guide dogs are permitted.
19. Prizes will be awarded to valid entrants crossing the finish line in the designated categories and finishing positions detailed in these terms and conditions. If the prize winner is ineligible, the entrant may forfeit their prize. Please refer to the Prize page at www.botanictobridge.com.au for more information.
20. Prizes will be allocated as per the event terms and conditions to winners in the following defined categories:
- Individuals eighteen years (18) and over, on the day of the event, can be categorised as Individual Open or Masters 45yrs and over.
- Children born between 2000 and June 2006 will be categorised as secondary students.
- Children born between July 2006 and June 2013 will be categorised as primary students.
21. The event organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant which, in the reasonable opinion of the event organiser, engaged in conduct in entering which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Event, the Event Organiser and/or Event sponsors.
22. Due to road closure restrictions, a course cut off time will apply. Any entrant who is unable to complete the course by the cut off time will be asked to leave the roadway by race officials for safety reasons.
23. All entrants accept that the event organiser’s decision is final and that no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants consent to follow all directions by event organisers in relation to this event.
24. I am over 18 years. If the entrant registering is under 18, I certify that I am the parent/guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I have read the terms and conditions for participation in this event and accept on their behalf.
25. Application of Promotional Codes: Use your promotional code to receive a discount on all registrations (excluding registrations in the category of ‘Children 4yrs and under), until the specified dates and times in the promotion. You must apply the promotional code at the checkout for the discount to apply, with only one code valid per transaction. Code cannot be applied in conjunction with other promotional codes. Refunds will not be issued to patrons who fail to use the code at the checkout.