Transport and Parking
To help you get there with ease we strongly encourage you to familiarise yourselves with the road closures, car parking locations and make use of the B2B Shuttle Bus service.
PARKINGParking for 8km event:
- Meteors Sports Club
- Car Park (next to Toondoon Botanic Gardens)
- Gladstone Showgrounds - free parking via Tank Street entrance
FREE SHUTTLE BUS
Shuttle buses will be available from the CQUniversity Marina Campus to transport participants to the 8km and 3km race starting points before and after the race between 5:30am and approximately 11:00am.
- Buses to 8km and 3km start lines depart CQU between 5:30am - 6:45am
- Buses to 3km start line only departs CQU between 7:00am - 8:15am
- Last bus transporting participants back to start lines departs CQU at 11:00am
To ensure the safety of participants and the community, the following roads will be closed on event day:
- 5:00am - 9:45am Glenlyon Rd from Victoria Pde to Dixon Dr
- 5:00am - 10:30am Glenlyon Rd from Dixon Dr to Tank St
- 5:00am - 10:30am Ferris St from Glenlyon Rd to Goondoon St
- 5:00am - 10:30am Goondoon St from Ferris St to Lord St
- 5:00am - 10:30am Lord St from Goondoon St to Glenlyon Rd
- 5:00am - 10:00am Bryan Jordan Dr from Lord St to Yacht Club
Access to the Matthew Flinders (Gladstone Marina) Bridge will remain closed from 5:00am to 10:30am or until the last runners have returned to the Marina finish line. Access will be limited across Glenlyon Road, with Traffic Control positioned at Dixon Drive, Philip Street and Breslin Street to assist motorists; however, delays should be expected.
To avoid delays, motorists are encouraged to plan their trips to avoid travelling between these times.